Associate Athletic Director for Communications and Creative Services
The University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Associate Athletic Director for Communications and Creative Services.
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
|Posting Close Date
||Open until Filled
as the primary administrator responsible for the oversight and day to day
operations of the Creative staff and Communications division. Ability to integrate and coordinate all digital, social
and story-telling efforts into overall department goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages all facets of the Creative Services department including creative design, creative strategy, digital and social story-telling, digital and social advertising and eCommerce strategy and execution; Assist Director of Athletics and Executive Staff with cutting edge activation of departmental activation of Athletic Department visions, goals and strategic plan.
2. Attend intercollegiate athletic competition, special events, and postseason competition, consistent with the position’s responsibilities and as directed by the Senior Associate AD for External Operations and/or Director of Athletics.
3. Assist the external team and Marketing department in planning and coordination of marketing and revenue generating opportunities for Southern Miss football and men’s basketball including a year-round comprehensive marketing plan, ticketed events, digital activation and experiential events.
4. Oversee and provide assistance to official photographers of Southern Miss Athletics; Assist in graphic design, while working with team to define brand look-and-feel on a season basis.
5. Work collaboratively with Assistant AD for Communications on strategic plans that lead to the continued evolution of the division; Assist the external unit and the Senior Associate AD for External Operations with the sales efforts of the ticket sales and service team.
6. Other duties as assigned.
degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in Athletics Communication, Creative
Services, Digital Services, or a closely related field.
Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients,
customers, and the general public. Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education's "R1: Doctoral Universities - Very high research activity" designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.